Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Not worth the effort


The other day one of the followers of my opinion columns that periodically appear in The Daily Star asked me why I was so continually upset with President Trump’s childlike, buffoonery behavior.   He suggested that I could be a great deal more stress free regarding Trump if I followed the advice that was espoused  in a letter that appeared in another media outlet written by Dominic Marcello, a scientist from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  He wrote, “Criticizing the current occupant of the White House for behaving in an undignified manner is as useful as criticizing toddlers for wetting their pants. Yet, much of the cable news media spend a great deal of time doing exactly that. In times like these, it is a shameful waste of power and resources.” 

This appears to be some good advice for all who continually long for some professional, enlightened dignity to emerge from the White House, for the hand writing is on the wall for a continuation for 4 additional years. I, for one, intend to follow this advice to increase my chances of longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment